Your company can take advantage of many local, state and Federal incentives to help you MAKE IT! in Mercer County, Pennsylvania. Penn Northwest Development Corporation works with you and local communities, who will apply on your behalf for any and all state/federal Research and Development, equipment, training, and bricks and mortar incentives.
Additionally, the community will apply on your behalf for the following programs and incentives, as applicable and desired. These programs may be used for building acquisition, construction and/or equipment.
You can get detailed information on each of these programs by contacting PNDC at (724) 662-3705.
Mercer County Industrial Development (MCIDA) Loans
Available primarily to small manufacturers, this program is essentially a way of turning a bank loan to a business into a low-interest loan by using the MCIDA as a conduit. Bond funds are loaned to businesses and can be used to finance land, building, and new machinery and equipment.
Local Funding Available
Eligible businesses include Manufacturing, Industrial, Warehouse, Logistics and Distribution, and Advanced Technology. Limited funding for Retail is available if located in the Enterprise Zone.
Revolving Loan Funds may be used for:
- Land acquisition
- Preparation and associated expenses
- Building acquisition, renovation and/or additions
- Machinery and Equipment purchases (new or used)
- Limited Working Capital (e.g., soft costs of engineering, legal fees, etc.)
Keystone Opportunity Zone Properties Available in Mercer County, PA
Over 500 acres of property is available in Mercer County in Keystone Opportunity Zones (KOZ). The KOZ Designation offers companies who expand to Pennsylvania relief from:
- Corporate Net Income Taxes
- Capital Stock and Foreign Franchise Tax
- Personal Income Tax
- Sales and Use Tax
- Bank Shares and Trust Company Shares Tax
- Alternative Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax
- Mutual Thrift Institutions Tax
- Insurance Premiums Tax
Pennsylvania State Incentives
Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority (PIDA) Financing
- Low-interest building acquisition and construction loans and lines of credit
- Used to finance a portion of total eligible project costs
Grant Funds Available
- Awarded per new job created for entry level training
- Awarded per new job created for information technology training
Machinery and Equipment Loan Financing (MELF)
- Low-interest loans to acquire and install new or used machinery and equipment or to upgrade existing machinery and equipment
- Incentives for job creation: awarded per job created
PA First Grant
- Offers grants, loans and loan guarantees for machinery/equipment, land and building acquisition and improvement, working capital, etc.